19 Kasım 2008 Çarşamba

THE MİSERABLE ONES

“The Miserable Ones” (Les Misérables) was the most interesting book that I’ve even red. It was written by Victor Hugo, a French literaturer. The book was about the struggle of the prisoner Jean Valjean in bad society. Actually,he wasn’t guilty when he was imprisoned. He just stole a piece of bread to feed his hungry nephews when he was 20 years old. After his 19 years imprisonment, he was set free and he met Myriel, the bishap of Diny village. The prison made Jean Valjean a bad person. The bishap was religious and he provide Jean Valjean’s character change in a good way. After that Jean Valjean spend his life to do good. Although his dirty background foollowed up him, he always was able to overcome the difficulties. At the end, he died at ease because he could achieve his aims.

The message I understood from the book is that people can fight against the evil with goodness. I admired the character of Jean Valjean because if I were replaced with him, I wouldn’t be so powerful like he was.

1 yorum:

ERSIN dedi ki...

I also read that book. It is one of the most wonderful books that I have ever read.Although it was a long novel I read it in two days. I recommend it to everybody.